This site has been developed as part of the You're Welcome WA Access Initiative. It aims to provide detailed access information to people with disabilities about facilities in Western Australia.
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies;
- those with slower internet connections or less than state-of-the-art equipment; and
- rural and regional users.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- easy on-screen options for resizing text;
- skip to content links, a logical tab order and content available in a linear format to navigate using assistive technologies;
- text equivalent for images;
- cascading style sheets (css) for visual layout; and
- printer-friendly page.
You can also contact us
to request any documents on the website in printed/hard-copy, or documents to be made available in an alternative format.
This page is a guide to using this website for improved accessibility:
Using the text resize icons
Select one letter A from the three located toward the top right of the screen to increase or decrease the size of the text.
Using the text resize in your browser
First, check which browser you are using by selecting "Help" from the top of the browser menu and then select "About". Use the instructions below according to the browser you are using.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5, 6 or 7
Select View menu, click on Text size and choose a size from the options Largest to Smallest.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2 (Macintosh)
Click View menu, click on Text Zoom and choose a size from the options 50% - 300% or Larger or Smaller.
Select View menu, click on Text size and choose either Increase or Decrease.
Select View menu, click on Zoom, and then select a size from the list.
Select View menu and click Make Text Bigger to increase the font size or Make Text Smaller to reduce the font size.
The site has the below features to assist with finding information and using the site:
- Main menu - major subjects are grouped in the left hand navigation.
- Breadcrumbs - shows you where you are located and the pages you have used to get there; you can use the breadcrumbs to move back through these pages.
- Skip to content - moves straight to the content and skips the navigation, useful for screen readers and screen magnifiers.
Throughout the website, every page is printer friendly. The page will be printed without the navigation menus.
You can print using the print icon located towards the top right of the screen or the Print function of your browser. The Print function is usually located under the File menu of your browser window.