- Staff report marked bays in the basement car park near the lift provide best access for users of wheelchairs and walking aids.
- Vehicle access to this car park is off Hamersley Road.
External access and entrance
From Rokeby Road footpath
From Hamersley Road footpath
- There is six steps or a ramp.
- The ramp next to the driveway off Rokeby Road is 3 metres long. The lower section has a gradient of 1:12 and the upper, 1:5. There is a central landing. There is enough space on the ramp to accommodate wheelchairs and mobility aids of all sizes.
- The outer entrance door is 95cm wide and fast to close, with a D handle.
- The internal entrance is through double doors, with one door usually locked, providing an entrance of 78cm. The door is fast to close and has a D handle.
- There are 4 steps or a ramp.
- The 5 metre long ramp has a central landing and gradient of 1:9.
- External double doors, one door is usually kept locked providing an entrance of 68cm. The door is fast to close and has a D handle.
- Entrance into the clinic is then through wide automatic sliding doors.
- There is enough space for users of wheelchairs and walking aids to move through all areas of the clinic.
- It is carpeted throughout, except the imaging rooms which are vinyl.
- The reception foyer is large and uncluttered, the desk is high.
- Waiting room chairs are 48cm high, firm and have armrests and one height adjustable, high back chair is provided.
- All rooms are accessed directly off the waiting room.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Large, clear directional signage with good colour contrast is provided throughout the clinic.
- A large clear directory board is located at the external entry off Rokeby Road.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- All imaging tables are electrically height adjustable and staff operate this equipment as required.
- Patients are required to transfer onto the height adjustable imaging tables.