You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Subiaco
Perth Radiological Clinic, Subiaco
- Large, spacious, purpose built magnetic resonance clinic with a range of medical imaging facilities
- Parking is in marked bays in the undercover car park with lift access to the clinic
- Unisex accessible toilet provided on site
- Height adjustable imaging tables in all rooms
127 Hamersley Rd, Subiaco, WA 6008 Australia
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Staff report marked bays in the basement car park near the lift provide best access for users of wheelchairs and walking aids.
- Vehicle access to this car park is off Hamersley Road.
External access and entrance
From Rokeby Road footpath
From Hamersley Road footpath
- There is six steps or a ramp.
- The ramp next to the driveway off Rokeby Road is 3 metres long. The lower section has a gradient of 1:12 and the upper, 1:5. There is a central landing. There is enough space on the ramp to accommodate wheelchairs and mobility aids of all sizes.
- The outer entrance door is 95cm wide and fast to close, with a D handle.
- The internal entrance is through double doors, with one door usually locked, providing an entrance of 78cm. The door is fast to close and has a D handle.
- There are 4 steps or a ramp.
- The 5 metre long ramp has a central landing and gradient of 1:9.
- External double doors, one door is usually kept locked providing an entrance of 68cm. The door is fast to close and has a D handle.
- Entrance into the clinic is then through wide automatic sliding doors.
- There is enough space for users of wheelchairs and walking aids to move through all areas of the clinic.
- It is carpeted throughout, except the imaging rooms which are vinyl.
- The reception foyer is large and uncluttered, the desk is high.
- Waiting room chairs are 48cm high, firm and have armrests and one height adjustable, high back chair is provided.
- All rooms are accessed directly off the waiting room.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Large, clear directional signage with good colour contrast is provided throughout the clinic.
- A large clear directory board is located at the external entry off Rokeby Road.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- All imaging tables are electrically height adjustable and staff operate this equipment as required.
- Patients are required to transfer onto the height adjustable imaging tables.
Toilet: Unisex accessible toilet
- Gender: Unisex
- Description: One unisex accessible toilet is located on the ground floor.
- Signage: There is directional signage to the toilet from the reception.
- External access: Short and 1.6 metre wide corridor.
- Toilet door: Door is 81cm wide, it has a D handle and a large lock.
- Pan height: 48cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 76cm
- Lighting: Switch in the cubicle 1.3 metres high.
- Baby change table description: Wall mounted, fold up baby change table, 88cm high when in the down position.
Lift from car park
- Assistance or independently operable: Independently operable.
- External controls: Control buttons are in good colour contrast, illuminate when pressed and are up to 1.2 metres high.
- Door type: The lift is single entry with a 1.3 metre wide door.
- Door width: 129cm
- Platform size: 1.6 metres wide and 2.5 metres deep.
- Internal controls: Control buttons are in good colour contrast, illuminate when pressed and are up to 1.2 metres high.
- Indicators of floor level: Direction of travel information is visually displayed.
- Gender: Unisex
- There are many cubicles near the imaging rooms. All clients are escorted to the cubicles.
- Cubicle size: 1.1 metres wide by 1.1 metres long
- Wooden bench, 48 cm high.
- Change room door: Each cubicle has a curtained entrance 78cm wide.
- Access into the rooms is via a wide long central corridor.
- All doors are at least 80cm wide. In some cases, double doors can be opened and equipment moved to accommodate all.
- All patients are escorted to the consulting rooms.
- Facilities: Height adjustable imaging tables with ample clearance at the side of the table to accommodate people transferring.