You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Perth
St Mary's Cathedral, Perth
- The Catholic Perth Cathederal has four accessible parking bays near the entrance and a unisex accessible toilet onsite
- Paved level forecourt to wide main entrance, plus wide alternate side entry doors
- Audio loop covers entire congregational area
Click image to view larger
25 Victoria Square, Perth, WA 6000 Australia
Monday to Friday 8:00am and 12:10pm
Saturday 8:00am and 6:00pm
Sunday 8:00 am, 9:30am, 11:00am and 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday 11:30 am to 12:00 noon
Saturday 5:00 to 6:00pm
Closest accessible parking
- Four clearly identified accessible parking bays located close to and at the same level at the entrance to the cathederal.
- Three are near the entrance and one is located in the car park near the alternate side entrance to the cathederal.
- Bays are on level and even bitumen and are 3 and 3.2 metres wide and 4.6 metres long.
- Vehicle access from: Victoria Avenue
- Pedestrian access:
- Level access from the three bays near the cathederal entrance, to the paved forecourt.
- From the bay in the car park there is a gentle slope up to the side entrance door to the cathederal. The path continues to the main entrance should this side door not be open.
External access and entrance
- Wide paved area outside the entrance to the cathederal.
- The main entrance to the church is via wide doors held open.
- Open into a spacious foyer and wide spacious entry into the cathederal.
Click image to view larger
Access to Sanctuary
- There is level access throughout the church congregational area.
- Aisles are wide and the floor is stone and wood.
- Seating is in pews with padded kneeling.
- There is space at the rear and in other locations throughout the spacious cathederal for wheelchair seating.
- The cathederal has an audio loop that covers the entire congregational area.
- Via a 1 metre wide, 3 metre long ramp with a gradient steeper than 1:8.
- Alternatively three steps with a deep base step.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Printed information is small, in good colour contrast.
Toilet: St Mary's Cathederal unisex accessible toilet
- Gender: Unisex
- Customer use only: Yes
- Description: The accessible toilet is located at the base of ramp outside the front of the Cathedral, near the Crypt.
- Signage: Access symbol on toilet door.
- External access: A curved ramp connects the ground level with the lower level where the toilets are located. The ramp is curved, 26 metres long with a midway landing and a handrail on one side. The ramp has a gradient averaging 1:8.
- Toilet door: Door is 80cm wide with a D handle and large lock. The door is heavy to open and slow to close.
- Pan height: 47cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 82cm
- Lighting: Movement sensor activated.
- Emergency alarm: Adjacent toilet pan.