- Hills Community Support Group offers tailored programs for people with intellectual and physical disabiltiies, crisis accommodation, support for families, respite for carers, transport services, home maintenance, assistance with daily self care, domestic assistance, library service, Yallambee program, youth services, social support and alternative to employment options.
Pick up / set down bay
- Wide, long, level concrete bay is provided for short term accessible parking. It is identified by a large sign with the access symbol at the head of bay.
- Bay leads to a wide, concrete slab walkway which is uneven in some areas.
- Walkway leads to a brick paved path 85cm wide, which connects with the footpath to the main entrance.
- Accessible bays are located close to the main entrance of the Hills Community Support Group where the Devonshire Teas are served.
- Wide, long, level concrete bay is provided for short term accessible parking. It is identified by a large sign with the access symbol at the head of the bay.
- Bay leads into a wide, concrete slab walkway which is uneven in some areas. Walkway leads to a brick paved path 85cm wide, which connects with the footpath to the main entrance.
External access and entrance
- Wide, brick paved footpath leads to the main entrance. It has a one metre section with a left to right gradient of 1:15 gradient.
- Main entrance is a single door 76cm wide with a high step up to the door.
- Door has a doorknob at standing height and fly wire screen with a lever handle at high standing height.
Click image to view larger
- Lounge entrance: Single swing door 75cm wide, with a long threshold ramp with a gradient steeper than1:8. There is a lip at the bottom and top of the ramp.
- Rear verandah entry: access from paved footpath by a paved ramp that is 2 metres long and 1 metre wide with a gradient of 1:12.
- Two domestic sliding doors into the rear of the building leading to the kitchen and dining room, each 93cm wide with a lip.
- Internal: Spacious and level carpet flooring in the lounge area.
- Foyer and reception: Foyer has low pile carpeting and reception desk as standing height.
- Seating: Chairs in reception have backrest. Chairs of various heights and styles provided throughout the buildings.
- Outdoor seating is provided on a large paved area at the rear of the main building. Long picnic style table is 76cm high with 71cm knee clearance. Seats are moveable and have backrests.
- Garden area and patio: Assorted chairs and fold up tables on level paving.
- Payment and service counters at standing height.
Click image to view larger
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Information displays and brochures have good colour contrast.
- Displays are located at sitting to high standing height in reception area.