You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Armadale
Minnawarra Park, Armadale
- Park has a paved, even path that follows the natural contours of the park and connects with the Minnawarra Historic Precinct to the park gazebo, bridge and seating
- The closest accessible toilet is next to the park behind the museum, within the historic precinct
- Accessible parking bays are provided in the car park in the hisotric precinct
Orchard Avenue, Armadale, WA 6112 Australia (Corner Orchard Avenue and Armadale Road. City of Armadale Access and Mobility Map, Armadale CBD Inset Map reference E 1)
08 9399 0111 City of Armadale
Closest accessible parking
Accessible Parking, Minnawarra Park Historic Precinct, Armadale
External access and entrance
- The park is reached from either the footpaths next to it or from the car park at the Minnawarra Historic Precinct (near City of Armadale Administration building).
- There is 16 metres of car park roadway and a kerb ramp with a 2cm lip at the top between the accessible parking bays and the gazebo. There is a downward slope about 35 metres long, with a gradient ranging from 1:20 to 1:12, to the gazebo entrance.
- The paths throught the park are paved, wide and mostly even. In some areas have gentle inclines.
- A dual use path that crosses the park and the pedestrian footpaths.
- A curved, wooden bridge crosses the water feature in the park. The bridge has rails both sides and steep kerb ramps with lips at its base. It has an incline ranging between 1:14 and 1:9.
- Minnawarra Park Gazebo has wide, level access and fixed seating.
- There are benches around the park and most have wheelchair parking spaces next to them.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- No directional signage is provided to or through the park.
Closest accessible toilet
Accessible Toilet, Minnawarra Park, Armadale