You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Armadale
Department for Child Protection, Armadale
- Level access from the accessible parking bay
- Spacious unisex accessible toilet available for customers
145 Jull Street, Armadale, WA 6112 Australia (City of Armadale Access and Mobility Map, Armadale CBD Inset Map reference E 2)
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm
Closest accessible parking
- One clearly identified accessible parking bay located adjacent to the entrance path. It is 3.3 metres wide and 5.5 metres long with a level and even bitumen surface.
- Vehicle access from: Orchard Avenue
- Pedestrian access: Direct level access to the entrance along a slab path. The path has a raised grate creating a 2cm lip.
External access and entrance
Doubled doors 76cm wide when one door is open. The door has a lever handle, is heavy to open and slow to close.
Click image to view larger
- Spacious entrance foyer with carpeted floor.
- For security reasons the counters are high.
- Customer service staff will meet the individual needs of all clients and if required an interview room with a desk can be made available.
- Seats have armrests.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- External and internal signs are clear, in good colour contrast with large capital letters.
- Wall mounted brochures within the customer service area are at standing height. Brochures are in large, clear print with colours a combination of green, mauve and white.
Toilet: Unisex accessible toilet
- Gender: Unisex
- Availability: Staff are available to unlock the door into the corridor when required.
- External access: Wide external corridor.
- Main entrance: A 80cm wide door with a lever handle. The door is heavy to open and slow to close.
- Toilet door: A 80cm wide door with a D handle and a large lock. The door is heavy to open and slow to close.
- Pan height: 47cm high
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 83cm high
- Lighting: Movement sensor activated.
- Baby change table: Yes
- Baby change table description: Wall mounted fold down, 96cm high with knee clearance.
- Interview room directly off the entrance foyer has a 74cm wide door that will be opened by staff.
- Tables are 74cm high with 67cm knee clearance and the gap between the table legs is 76cm.