Closest accessible parking
Accessible Parking, Visitor Centre Precinct, Armadale
External access and entrance
- Visitor Centre is approximately 50 metres across the car park from the accessible parking bay. There is a kerb ramp from the car park onto a wide paved area at the front of the Visitor Centre.
- Entrance to the Visitor Centre is through a wide automatic opening door. The museum entrance is off the Visitor Centre entry foyer.
- Museum door is 76cm wide, held open at all times.
- Spacious interior.
- Floor surface is polished concrete throughout.
- Displays are at varying heights from sitting to high, wall mounted displays.
Click image to view larger
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- External signage is large and in good colour contrast.
- Printed information is clear and in good colour contrast.
- Display label styles vary, however are generally in good colour contrast with lettering in capitals.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- Large print information sheet available on request.
- Staff are available to assist at the Visitor Centre enquiries counter.
- When group bookings are made the staff can set up chairs and tables outside the museum and Visitor Centre if required.
Closest accessible toilet
Accessible Toilet, Armadale Visitor Centre Precinct