External access and entrance
- Access from the street footpath to the centre is via the driveway into the car park.
- There is a paved footpath linking to the next door child care centre with the family centre.
- Main entrance is a 79cm wide door that is heavy to open.
- Small reception foyer has seats with armrests.
- The centre has two large activity rooms, a smaller meeting room and staff offices.
- The floor is vinyl throughout.
- The reception counter is located at a central kitchen area.
- Staff assistance is however generally provided from the doorway of the staff office.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- External signage is in capital letters, white on a mural background.
- Information brochures on display in the entry foyer are at standing height.
- Large play area at the rear of the activity rooms, down a sandy and grassy slope.
- One large play area is set on soft fall material. Access to the play area is over sand and grass.
- A community garden is located at the rear of the centre, with access via the side slab area. This garden has raised garden beds and there is enough space for users of wheelchairs and walking aids to move through.
Click image to view larger