You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Armadale
City of Armadale Pound
- Dog Pound with ramped access to the reception office
- Closest accessible toilet is at Rushton Park or at the Council Depot
- Unmarked parking in the carpark that has a loose, blue metal surface
Click image to view larger
Kilburn Lane, Kelmscott, WA 6111 Australia (Access and Mobility Map, Seville Grove CBD Inset Map reference D 1)
- Monday to Friday 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9.00am to 10.00am
08 9399 0111 during office hours or 1300 886 885 after hours
- Unmarked bays on loose blue metal at the front of the building
External access and entrance
- Access to the pound from the car park is via a security gate and ramp.
- The 1 metre wide gate has a safety latch at standing height. The gate is light to open and has no self closing mechanism. The gate opens onto a concrete pathway.
- The 1.2 metre wide ramp is approximately 4 metres long with a gradient averaging 1:18. There are handrails on both sides of the ramp.
- The main entrance has a 79cm wide domestic sliding door opening into a small reception foyer. The door has a D handle.There is an external lip of 4cm and an internal lip of 4cm due to the sliding door runner.
Small internal foyer and reception desk at standing height.
There is enough space to accommodate users of a small to medium size wheelchair or walking aid.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
Directional signage to the pound off Kilbrun Lane is in good colour contrast.
Informative signage associated with the facility is in large print, in capitals, with good colour contrast.
Closest accessible toilet
Accessible Toilet and Shower, Rushton Park, Kelmscott