You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Armadale
- A buffet style casual restaurant with a la carte meals available
- Two accessible bays at the front of the restaurant
- An accessible toilet inside the restaurant
122 Albany Highway, Kelmscott, WA 6111 Australia (Corner Davis Road City of Armadale Access and Mobility Map, Kelmscott CBD Inset Map reference C 4)
Monday to Sunday 11.00am to 9.00pm
Sunday 7.30am to 10.00am for breakfast
Closest accessible parking
- Two bays on level even bitumen at the front of the restaurant.
Bays are 3.2 metres wide and 5.5 metres long.
Bays are easy to identify.
- Vehicle access from: Davis Road
- Pedestrian access: Wide level access at a the front of the bays to the footpath leading to the covered entrance of the restaurant.
Click image to view larger
External access and entrance
Separate entrance and exit doors are off a wide covered footpath.
Both doors are 84cm wide, heavy to open and slow to close with lever handles.
Click image to view larger
- Entrance is into a 1.3 metre queuing corridor leading to a 90cm high ordering and payment counter with wide clear access infront for all customers.
- There is sufficient space within the restaurant for people using wheelchairs and walking frames to move through the seating and approach all self service food and drinks.
- Tiled and carpeted flooring and some booth seating.
- Moveable tables have a central pedestal and are 73cm high with 70cm knee clearance.
- Seats do not have armrests.
- Buffet food is displayed at 93cm high with up to an 80cm reach to food at the rear of the buffet.
- Self serve cold drinks have controls at 1.2 metres high and self serve hot drinks have controls at 1.45cm high.
- Access to cutlery is at sitting height.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
General signage is large and easy to read.
Menus are at the ordering counter and have large photographic displays of all food, Print is small and in a clear font.
Toilet: Sizzler unisex accessible toilet
- Gender: Unisex
- Customer use only: Yes
- Signage: Directional signs from the restaurant say 'Restrooms'. The accessible toilet is identified with the symbol of access on the door.
- External access: Located down a wide corridor off the restaurant.
- Main entrance: Accessed through an airlock with an 85cm wide door that is light to open and slow to close with a D handle.
- Toilet door: An 85cm wide door that is light to open and slow to close with a D handle and a large lock.
- Pan height: 43cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 80cm
- Lighting: On at all times.
- Baby change table: Yes
- Baby change table description: Wall mounted baby change table with knee clearance, set at 76cm to the top.