External access and entrance
- Access is on paving from the parking and picnic facilities to a paved courtyard outside the museum.
- A ramp to the door is 3 metres long, 1 metre wide with a gradient of 1:14 and a handrail on one side. Alternatively there are 2 steps. There is a wide landing at the entrance door.
- The double entrance door is 82cm wide with one door open. The door is opened by staff.
Click image to view larger
- There is sufficient space for people using wheelchairs and walking aids to move between displays. A room at the rear has a small step at the door, held open.
- The floor is carpeted and some interactive displays are at sitting height.
- The counter is 1 metre high.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The outside of the building has large signs in good colour contrast.
- Display signs are generally easy to read with many signs at sitting height.