You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Melville
Jeff Joseph Reserve, Applecross
- A riverside park with picnic facilities, play equipment and a small jetty. The park leads to an accessible boardwalk around Point Dundas with views over the river
- Three accessible parking bays, two close to the picnic area and toilet and one closer to the entrance to the boardwalk
- An accessible toilet in the park
The Strand, Applecross, WA 6153 Australia
Closest accessible parking
- Two bays in the carpark next to the toilet block, off The Strand.
- The bays are 3.8 metres wide and 4.4 metres long.
- One bay in the carpark at the end of Ardross Street.
- This bay is 3.6 metres wide and 5 metres long.
- All bays are on level bitumen and easy to identify.
- Vehicle access from: The Strand
- Pedestrian access:
- Level access from the toilet carpark to the path.
- Kerb ramp access from the jetty car park to the path. The kerb ramp has U rails and a bollard providing 86cm gap.
- Paths lead from car parking to the toilets, along the foreshore to the Applecross Jetty and boardwalk.
- All picnic and seating facilties are accessed across compact grass.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The park signage is clear.
- There are some signs with information about the local wildlifeat sitting height next to the walkways.
- A wide wooden boardwalk extends from the foreshore path around Point Dundas providing views over the river.
- The boardwalk widens out at a viewing point where a bench seat without armrests is provided.
- Picnic tables on a concrete stand are accessed across grass and shaded by trees.
- Tables are 75cm high with fixed seating. Wheelchair spaces are at the end with a side approach.
- Park benches without arms are close to the path, accessed across grass.
- A barbeque, on paving is 90cm high with controls at sitting height.
- A post mounted drinking fountain is at the end of a concrete path with a twist control at sitting height.
- The playground is fenced with access across the grass to a wide gate with a low latch. Play equipment is on sand with some grass.
Click image to view larger
- The Applecross Jetty is accessed along a path from the car park. There is level access to a 1 metre wide wooden jetty.
Toilet: Jeff Joseph Reserve Accessible Toilet
- Gender: Unisex
- Availability: Daily, 24 hours.
- Customer use only: Public use toilet.
- Description: The toilet has low coat hooks, a shelf with the basin operated with a large push button that could be activated by hand or knee.
- Signage: The toilet block is visible from the street and car park.The access symbol is on the toilet door.
- External access: Access along a wide level path.
- Toilet door: An 85cm wide door with a D handle and large lock. The door is light with no closer.
- Pan height: 47cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 80cm
- Lighting: Lighting is on at all times.