You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Melville
Walter's River Café, Bicton
- A café with accessible parking
- Spacious with room for wheelchair and walking aid users to move through all areas
- An associated kiosk also services Point Walter Reserve
- An accessible toilet nearby
Point Walter Reserve, Bicton, WA 6157 Australia
- Monday to Thursday from 9.00am
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8.00am
Closest accessible parking
- Closest accessible parking to restaurant, kiosk and toilet
Two bays clearly identified.
Bays are 3.5 metres wide and 5.6 metres long.
There are an additional two bays facing the foreshore.
These bays are also clearly identified, 3.5 metres wide and 6 metres long.
- Vehicle access from: Off the end of Burke Drive.
- Pedestrian access: Level access from accessible bays onto paved path that leads to the accessible toilet, restaurant and kiosk and other reserve amenities.
External access and entrance
- The accessible entrance is up the gradually sloping pavers through the alfresco dining area for the kiosk. Alternatively there are two steps without handrails off the walkway.
- Entrance door is wide, held open, with a 2cm lip at the doorway.
Click image to view larger
- The service and payment counter is 1 metre high with food displays at sitting height.
- Staff provide table service.
- Floor is tiled.
- Tables are moveable with a central pedestal, 73cm high with 71cm knee clearance. Chairs do not have armrests.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Table menu is in large clear print in good colour contrast.
Closest accessible toilet
Accessible Toilet, Point Walter Reserve