You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Melville
Tompkins on Swan, Alfred Cove
- A functions centre overlooking the Swan River with two large downstairs function rooms
- One accessible parking bay and an accessible toilet inside
- Level access to separate balconies from downstairs function rooms
Dunkley Avenue, Alfred Cove, WA 6154 Australia (Cnr of Dunkley Ave and Canning Highway)
- Open for booked functions.
Closest accessible parking
- Two bays, clearly identified.
Bays are 3.2 metres wide and 5 metres long on level and even bitumen.
- Vehicle access from: Dunkley Avenue
- Pedestrian access: Level access to the wide level path leading to the entrance door.
Click image to view larger
External access and entrance
- Wide level paved path from the parking bays to the front entrance.
- There is a central rail along the path with 1 metre gap on either side to bollards that are set into grass.
- The entry door is 80cm wide, light to open with no closer and has a large D handle.
- Entrance is into a foyer with wooden floors with access the two ground level function rooms, Thompkins on Swan and River Room.
- Access into both rooms is through double doors 77cm wide when one door is open.
- Thompkins on Swan has a dance floor and the River Room has a small stage.
- Rooms are carpeted with bars at standing height and can be adjoined by wide opening double doors.
- A smaller meeting room, the Club Room is accessed off the River Room.
- All rooms have level access to separate balconies through wide double doors.
- Tables are 74cm high with 72cm knee clearance.
- Upstairs is Swan River Room accessed by a wooden staircase with a handrail on one side.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The entrance sign over the door is not visible from the car park or entrance path.
Toilet: Thompkins on Swan
- Gender: Unisex
- Availability: Open for scheduled functions.
- Customer use only: Yes
- Description: The toilet is down a corridor off the River Room. Access from the Tompkins on Swan room is through the River Room.
- Signage: Signage above the corridor entrance and the toilet door displays the access symbol.
- External access: Access is down a corridor off the River Room. The corridor that narrows to 1.1 metres is spacious in front of the toilet door.
- Toilet door: An 83cm wide door with a D handle and large lock. The door is light to open and closes slowly.
- Pan height: 46cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 80cm
- Lighting: Light switch in cubicle 1.4 metres high.