You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Melville
Marina Aikins Spa and Beauty, Attadale
- A spa and beauty centre with an accessible toilet
- Accessible parking bay at the ramp to the front entrance
- Treatment rooms are spacious
563 Canning Highway, Attadale, WA 6156 Australia
- Tuesday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
- Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Closest accessible parking
- One bay identified with line markings and the access symbol in the front car park of the salon.
The bay is 3.2 metres wide and 5.5 metres long.
- Vehicle access from: Canning Highway
- Pedestrian access: Ramp from the car park to the front entrance of the salon.
External access and entrance
- The paved entrance ramp is wide, 4 metres long with a gradient of 1:15.
- The ramp has no handrails.
- The alternative access is via three steps without handrails.
- Entrance door is 81cm wide, light to open and slow to close. The door has a lever handle. There is restricted space on the handle side of the door and this may restrict access for some mobility device users.
- There is a door bell, 1.3 metres high adjacent the door.
Click image to view larger
- The salon is spacious throughout, located in converted older home, with wide central corridor.
- The floor is wooden throughout.
- The service and payment counter is 1.2 metres wide.
- The waiting area is spacious and has a lounge chair with armrests and a water dispenser at sitting height.
- The retail displays are from floor level and staff are available to reach high items.
Toilet: Female accessible toilet
- Gender: Female
- Customer use only: Yes
- The toilet is signed for females, but access does not require moving through a female only area.
- Toilet door: An 81cm wide door with a lever handle and small twist lock. The door is light to open with no self closing mechanism.
- Pan height: 45cm
- Handrails: Yes
- Basin height: 80cm
- Lighting: Switch in cubicle 1.3 metres high.
- The treatment rooms are all off a 1.1 or 1.4 metre wide corridor through 75cm wide doors.
- Clients are escorted to rooms by staff.
- Treatment tables are a fixed height, with a small step stool provided.