External access and entrance
- Four steps with colour contrasting step edge and one handrail.
- Wide ramp access to the museum is up two sections. The lower section is 8 metres long with a gradient of 1:14. the ramp has handrails on both sides. The upper section is 4 metres long with a gradient up to 1:18.
- Entrance is through a very large, slowly revolving door. There is a 'push to slow' button near the door, this button is 1 metre high.
- The alternate entrance is to the right of the revolving door. This door has a green push button 1.1 metres high. The door automatically swings outwards and is 83cm wide.
- The reception counter is at standing height, however there is a lowered section to the side of the counter.
- Entrance level to Lower Gallery
- Six steps with colour contrast edges and handrails.
- Alternatively a wide, 18 metre long ramp with a central landing. Ramp has a handrail and gradient of 1:17.
- Lower Gallery to Boardwalk (mezzanine)
- Flight of stairs with handrails on both sides.
- Alternative access is via a lift operated by staff.
- The Boardwalk level provides views over the large boat displays, has glass balustrades with a handrail along the length of the viewing area.
- Reception Level to Level 1
- Large flight of stairs with colour contrast step edges and handrails on both sides.
- Alternative access is via a lift from the reception area of the museum.
- Access throughout museum
- There is enough space between displays for wheelchair and walking aid users to move through all areas.
- There are some ottoman seats without armrests or backrests.
- There are interactive displays at a height to suit children.
- The small theatre has space for mobility device users to enter and be seated. One lounge chair in the theatre has armrests.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The informative signage at the entrance is under a reflective surface. The print is large and clear, in good colour contrast.
- Informative signage on exhibitions is generally a variety of print styles, mostly in good colour contrast.
Cafe, dining and food outlet
- Caffissimo Café
- A kiosk style café located in the entrance foyer to the museum.
- The ordering and payment counter 90cm is high. Food displays are at sitting height.
- Tables have a central pedestal, 73cm high with 71cm knee clearance. Chairs do not have armrests.
- A drinking fountain is located near the entrance level toilets.
- The fountain has water outlets at sitting and standing heights. The press button and lever controls are 82cm high.