External access and entrance
- Main Entrance
- Wide paved path to an 84cm wide door that is held open during business hours.
- External access between the south and north pavilions
- The rear door to first pavilion (south pavilion) is a domestic sliding door and two 76cm wide flywire doors.
- Access is across a courtyard to six steps with handrails on both sides.
- Alternative access is along a 1.4 metre wide ramp with six changes in direction. Each section is approximately 7 metres long with handrails on two sides.
- Level entry into the north pvilion is through a wide open gap.
- Both pavilions have floor displays with large aircraft. There are floor, wall mounted and table displays thoughout each spacious pavilion.
- Wide marked walkways between all displays.
- On entering there is a reception desk 90cm high and a small retail section with merchandise displays from sitting to standing height. Aisle widths vary, narrowing to 84cm.
- Some aircraft have stairs with handrails up to the cockpit and there is one that allows children to sit in the cockpit. The wing span of arcraft overhangs some walkways creating a potential head height obstruction. There are warning signs in place.
- Some seats with armrests throughout the museum.
- The north pavilion has an upstairs display accessed via steps.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Directional signs to all facilities and assistance available from volunteers.
- All displays have information in large print with good colour contrast.
- One drinking fountain with controls at sitting height outside, on the upper level between the two pavilions.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- There are three wheelchairs and a walking frame, with three wheels, available if required.
Accessible Toilets, Mount Henry Bridge Reserve, Mount Pleasant