- Home delivery service
- Computer, internet and WiFi access. Laptop access. Computing classes for seniors.
- Electronic resources including online databases and encyclopedias
- Story reading and creative play for preschoolers
Pick up / set down bay
- Spacious loading zone next to the accessible parking bay that could be used as a pick up / set down bay. It has a paved service and is unmarked.
External access and entrance
Main Entrance (Upper ground level)
- The library is approached via a forecourt / loading bay area that has a paved surface with some lips.
- A level pathway leads through three wide entrance points.
Lower ground level entrance
- Level entry through 1.8 metres wide automatic double doors into the carpeted foyer.
- An accessible toilet, lift and interior steps are located in the foyer.
- The return shoot is also in the foyer. It is at standing height with a 38 cm deep ledge that must be leant over to reach it. The return shoot is 25cm above the ledge.
- Another set of wide automatic double doors lead from the foyer into the library.
- A paved pathway on the far side of the entry steps links from the streetside and shopping centre.
- Alternatively, two wide steps with handrails lead to the entrance doors.
- Wide level entry through automatic double doors into foyer area. Lift and stairway to upper level.
- Stairs have handrails and colour contrasting edges and change direction at a landing in the middle.
- Spacious open plan library with a carpeted floor. Aisles also provide ample circulation space.
- Loans counter has a sitting height section. Enquiries/membership desk is at sitting height. Chairs have firm seats and armrests.
- Variety of seating provided including low lounge chairs, and chairs with and without armrests.
- Public access computers are on round and square desks with knee clearance between 68 to 70cm. Chairs are swivel office style with armrests.
- Library catalogue is accessed from fixed computers at sitting height with knee clearance space provided.
- Books are displayed from floor to standing height.
- A spacious dining area is located directly off the main library area with round tables that have a central pedestal and chairs with firm surface without armrests
- There is a self serve hot drinks machine with controls at standing height and a dispenser at sitting height
- There is a cool drinks dispenser with controls that range from sitting to standing height with a dispenser at a low level close to the ground
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Library signage is in various sizes with reasonable colour contrast. Aisle signs have black print on a grey background with a reflective surface that may be difficult to see from some angles.
- Information and promotional material is in various formats including on flat screen TVs, brochures and pamphlets displayed at sitting height Most information can be obtained from Enquiries desk.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- Hand basket trolleys
- Home delivery service
- CCTV, which is used to magnify print to sizes that suit the viewer
- Large print books
- Audio books on cassette, CD, MP3 players, and Playaway. Own headphones need to be provided for Playaway
- This area is directly off the main library area.
- Tables and chairs to suit small children provided as well as some couch chairs with sloping arm rests.
- Variety of moveable furniture within the room that may be moved to allow people using mobility devices to move through.
- Books are on display from sitting height
- A spacious area located through wide, open entry from the main library.
- Variety of seating including chairs with armrests and very low couch chairs with soft cushioning and no armrests
- Books are on display from floor and sitting height to standing height
- Study desks and internet access desks provide knee clearance space of 65cm. Swivel chairs with arm rests.
Bunbury Local Studies Collection
- Collection is reached via an 84cm wide swing door that is unlocked by the librarian for customer use.
- Study desks are provided with computers and a CCTV for magnifying reading material, with office style swivel chairs that do not have armrests. There are also non swivel chairs that do have armrests
- Study desks are a standard height but have low knee clearance of 65cm
- Archive material is stored at standing height in filing cabinets. Staff assistance is available if required