You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
City of Rockingham
Hoyts Cinema, Rockingham
- All six cinemas have a built in audio loops and accessible seating
- Cinema number 3 has space for a row of wheelchairs behind the fixed seating
- Unisex accessible toilet located off the foyer
- Companion card accepted
- One bituminised accessible bay close to main entrance
Click image to view larger
14 Leghorn Street, Rockingham, WA 6168 Australia
Session times vary
Closest accessible parking
- One bituminised accessible bay located close to the main entrance
- Bay is 3.2 metres wide and 5.3 metres long
- Bay is identified by blue line markings and the access symbol
- Bitumen surface with some eroded areas
- Kerb ramp to a paved forecourt
One accessible parking bay near main entrance.
External access and entrance
- Wide level access from forecourt.
- Cinema entry through automatic sliding doors on right side of courtyard.
- Spacious street level facilities including ticket sales, candy bar, toilets and six cinemas.
- Candy Bar and Ticket Desk are at standing height.
- Tickets are available on line.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Clear signage at entrance.
- Cinema doors identified with large silver numbers on black background.
- High overhead TV displaying session times and advertisements has clear print and good colour contrast.
Equipment for people with disabilities
All six cinemas have audio loops throughout.
- Gender: Male
- Description: A unisex accessible toilet near to cinema number 3 entrance.
- External access: Wide external corridor suitable for users of wheelchairs and walking aids.
- Toilet door: 81cm wide swing door with a D style handle and a small lock. Door is light to open and slow to close and displays access symbol.
- Pan height: 49cm
- Basin height: 81cm
- Lighting: The light is on at all times.
- Emergency alarm: Audio alarm only.
- Baby change table: Yes
- Baby change table description: Finger grip handle at 1.4 metres high. In the folded down position, top is 97cms high with 86cm knee clearance.