External access and entrance
- The approach to the Centre from the parking is via pedestrian and vehicle shared vehicle driveway which leads to a 1.7 metres wide concrete ramp without handrails and a gradient ranging from 1:6 to 1:34.
- Two steps without a handrail or colour contrasting edges provide an alternative access.
- The ramp and the steps lead to a spacious, paved, covered entrance.
- Double doors 84 cm wide when one door is open which are heavy to open and fast to close lead to a spacious, paved foyer and another set of double doors.
- The second set of double doors is also 84cm wide when one door is open and heavy to open and fast to close. Both doors have D handles.
Click image to view larger
- Spacious foyer with a carpeted floor and seating including fixed swivel chairs without armrests and fixed tables with 72cm clearance.
- Information forms are on display at standing height. Staff assistance is available if required.
- Service counter used for café and bowling centre orders and payments, as well as general customer service is at standing height at 1.2 metres high.
- A 1 metre wide carpeted ramp travels around the service counter and has a gradient of 1:14.
- Customers place their orders and pay at the counter and then seat themselves.
- The café area has fixed tables and swivel chairs without armrests with a 72cm clearance under the tables.
- Space within the dining area is restricted by the arrangement of tables and chairs, however there is space at the end of some of the tables for a wheelchair.
- Staff can make arrangements to seat those requiring additional space in a convenient location. It is recommended you identify your needs on booking or arrival.
- The blackboard menu has large, clear, handwritten print.
Scoring and Seating Area
- There is a carpeted area with standard tables and dining chairs as well as benches and stools in front of the bowling area.
- A wooden pathway leads to the bowling and ball returns area. The level pathway is 97cm wide at its narrowest point.
- There is computerised scoring overhead as well as a ball returns area that has space for manoeuvring.
- A step leads down to the Scoring and Seating area that has tables and chairs placed closely together that restrict space.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Directional signage has large, clear print in good colour contrast on a matt surface.
- The information material produced by the centre is predominately clear and fancy print in varying colour contrast. Some print is small and some is large.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- The centre provides bowling ball ramps for adults and children using wheelchairs or mobility aids and bowling balls with retractable handles for people with reduced strength.