You're Welcome WA Access Initiative
Shire of Nannup
Nannup Lavender Farm
- A working Lavender Farm with a shop.
- Cafe with indoor and alfresco dining areas, great food and coffee.
- Cafe has counter sales and table service and is open for lunch and dinner
- Garden with gravel paths
- Accessible toilets and level spacious interior
- Variety of lavender related activities
- Unmarked gravel parking area
2 Graphite Rd, Nannup, WA 6275 (Cnr of Vasse H'Way)
- 10am to 4pm
- July to Nov: Friday to Sunday
- December: Friday to Tuesday
- January: 7 Days per week
- February to May: Friday to Sunday
- Parking is in the unmarked gravel carpark near the garden entrance
- There is a level surface between the carpark and the garden path
External access and entrance
- The cafe is reached via a gravel and gently sloping path that varies from 1 metre to 1.4 metres wide.
- A 1.4 metre wide wooden ramp is 6 metres long and has a gradient of 1"12.
- There are lips and some uneven sections
- The flyscreen and main entrance doors are all at least 80cm wide.
- The flyscreen door has a small lever handle. This door is heavy to open and fast to close.
- The main door has a large knob handle. This door is light to open and slow to close.
- Customers seat themselves on arrival. There is both table service and counter service.
- Space inside can be limited and some tables may need moving to provide circulation space for people using mobility aids.
- Staff can make arrangements to seat those requiring additional space in a convenient location.
- It is recommended you identify your needs on booking or arrival. There is a variety of seating and chair arrangements including lounge seating at coffee tables and dining chairs and tables.
- The moveable tables are square with a space of 1 metre between the corner legs and a standard height with knee clearance between 68-70cm.
- The wooden/metal cafe chairs do not have armrests.
- The payment counter is at standing height.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The signage has large clear print in good colour contrast
- The information produced by the Lavender Farm is predominantly clear and in good colour contrast
- The blackboard menu is handwritten in bright coloured chalk
- The menu is available in printed form on request
Path through attraction
- Gravel paths give access to various parts of the garden
Nannup Lavender Farm Accessible Toilets
Al Fresco Deck
- The alfresco dining area is located through double swing doors each 80cm wide. Doors are usually held open during business hours. The doors are light to open and slow to close. They have a knob handle
- There is a 3cm lip at the doorway
- There is sufficient space for wheelchair or walking aid users to move between tables and chairs and reach all areas of the alfresco dining area
- The 1 metre square movable tables are a standard height of between 70 and 72cm with knee clearance between 68 to 70cm
- Plastic and metal dining chairs have armrests
Click image to view larger