External access and entrance
- There is a wide, level concrete path which joins the carpark with the picnic, barbecue, and beach areas.
- There is a separate shared path which provides access through the area, away from the picnicing and beach facilities.
- The Scented Gardens, toilets and playground require the user to cross the shared path. There are warning signs when the user is approaching the shared path.
- There are two paths which continue along the length of the foreshore and Sir James Mitchell Park to connect all facilities and landmarks.
- There is a shared path, mainly used by cyclists, which is level bitumen and set back from the foreshore. Cyclists can travel at speed on this path.
- There is a path designated for foot traffic which runs along the length of the foreshore, and is level, wide concrete.
- There are a number of picnic tables located in this vicinity.
- There is one picnic table and shelter which is desigated accessible and has the access symbol on the shelter.
- The picnic table and shelter connect with the main path and are located over level concrete.
- The table is 74cm high with 70cm knee clearance, with fixed bench seats on either side. One of the seats is shorter to allow for a wheelchair user to be seated next to their peers.
- The shelter provides protection from sun and rain.
- There are three barbecues connected to the main path which are sheltered from the sun and rain.
- The barbecues are 96cm high, have controls at sitting height and are located on a concrete hardstand.
- There is a drinking fountain located on the path near the beach access ramp.
- The drink fountain is 74cm high and has a large push button operation.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- Beach wheelchair available.
The Scented Gardens and Playground
- There is a wide, level brick paved path to the Scented Gardens. The gardens are located on the far side of the shared path which has numerous biker riders. The crossing is well signed.
- The Scented Gardens have wide, brick paved paths throughout and a number of seats 45cm high.
- The gardens are located adjacent to the playground which is accessed over compacted grass and sand.
- The playground has a selection of play equipment located over soft fall rubber, or sand.
- There are a number of man made beach areas along the foreshore in this area.
- One of the beaches has a ramp with gradient 1:20. It is sandy at the base.
- A beach wheelchair is available in a locker located near the accessible parking bays, adjoining the main path. The storage area is accessed with a Master Locksmiths Access Key which is available from the City of South Perth to hire or buy.
- The wheelchair has large inflatable balloon-like tyres designed to enable 'easy and safe' travel over rough terrain.
- Families and carers are encouraged to access keys to operate the swing by contacting the George Burnett Leisure Centre on (08) 9474 0855 or the South Perth Community Centre on (08) 9474 0857. Groups are encouraged to utilise the booking system to secure usage.