Pick up / set down bay
A Universal drop off bay is located on the opposite side of Francis Street.
Closest accessible parking
State Library Car Park, James Street Perth
External access and entrance
Perth Cultural Centre entrance
- Barrier free with a tactile path leading from the Perth Train Station concourse level to the front door.
Francis Street entrance
- Steps and a ramp approximately 15 metres long with a change of direction. Ramp slope has a gradient of 1:12. Bench style seating is available outside the door.
Perth Cultural Centre door
- Two automatic sliding doors enter off the forecourt. The southern door is wider and would accommodate all wheelchair sizes.
Francis Street door
- There are two sets of automatic sliding door
- Reception and security desk: Standing height
- Library entrance:
- Security pedestal from the foyer into the library, with 93cm clear open space.
- A lift accesses the ground, mezzanine, levels one, two and three. A large style wheelchair could pass through all public areas of the building including the foyer and the library.
- Staff counters within the library area are at sitting height.
- Seating in the foyer is low, soft lounge style. Seating and desks throughout the library are standard height with knee access to desks.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
Good colour contrast and easy to read throughout the facility.
Cafe, dining and food outlet
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 7.00p
- Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Sunday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Telephone: 9427 3102
- Located on the ground floor of the library, directly off the main foyer. Access is via automatic sliding doors with manual swing doors to an external dining area.
- Internal circulation space accommodates all wheelchair sizes and the counter is at sitting height.
- Tables and chairs are moveable and tables have central pedestals. The blackboard menu has good colour contrast and is easy to read.
Equipment for people with disabilities
The library has a selection of specialised equipment, with detailed information being available on the website.
- Several work stations offer access to internet sites with large text displays.
- Aladdin video enlarger (no bookings required)
- Kurzweil Reading Edge (bookings required on 9427 3104)
Accessible Toilet, State Library, Northbridge