External access and entrance
- Down a wide paved covered walkway through wide automatic doors into a spacious foyer.
- A bench seat is available in the covered walkway.
- Entrance is into a spacious foyer with a service counter. Wide corridors on either side of the reception lead to sports facilities on one side and pool facillities on the other. There is a centrally located cafe with the wet and dry side separated with a fence.
- Spacious with fixed seating with armrests.
- Access to the 92cm high reception desk is through a wide opening in fencing that separates the seating area and reception desk.
- The floor is carpeted.
Click image to view larger
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- All signs are easy to read.
- Brochures generally have large easy to read print on different coloured papers
Cafe, dining and food outlet
- The Energise Café has a wet and dry side separated by a fence. Both sides have similar spacious facilities and tiled floors.
- Food and payment counters are 90cm high.
- Wet side - Tables have central pedestals and are 70cm with 67cm knee clearance. Seats do not have armrests.
- Dry side - Tables have a central pedestal and are 73cm high with 71cm knee clearnace. Chairs have armrests.
- Menus are good colour contrast, in capital letters with large clear print.
- Level access from the pool deck to a shaded picnic area with a playground.
- The barbeque is 85cm high with controls at sitting height.
- Picnic tables have fixed benches on either side. Wheelchairs could be accommodated at either ends of the 83cm high table with 79cm knee clearance.
- A small unfenced childrens playground is on soft fall rubber.
- Entrance is down a wide corridor through automatic sliding doors to the pool deck with a leisure pool and a spa.
- Wide concrete pool deck with chairs without armrests.
- There is beach entry to the leisure pool and a pool chair available as required.
- There is also step entry to the pool, with handrails. Steps have colour contrast step edges.
- The spa is through a wide gate with a low lock.
- Entry is via steps, up and down, with colour contrast edges and handrails on both sides.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- The centre has a submersible pool chair to be used to gain access at the beach entry to the pool.
- The chair is constructed from PVC pipe and has a slung mesh seat, armrests, back rest and footrest.
- The armrests are removable. The seat is 56cm high.
- The centre has a pool hoist that staff will set into place next to the pool, as required. The hoist has a seat with no armrest on the left side, allowing for a side transfer.
Click image to view larger
- Located off the foyer.
- Access through a 77cm wide door to a small foyer with a 1 metre wide counter. There is space for a person using a wheelchair within the foyer area.
- Staff will open a wide gate with high lock for all people entering the child minding area.