Pick up / set down bay
- There is a parking bay outside reception or you can park on the verge outside reception.
- The unit has 2 brick paved parking spaces. Both bays are reasonably level.
- One bay is undercover. This bay is 3.1 metres wide and 5.7 metres long. The clearance height is 2.5 metres.
- The outside bay is 4.3 metres wide and 5.7 metres long.
External access and entrance
- The kerb linking the road to the path/driveway to reception has a gradient steeper than 1:8.
- The path/driveway to the reception door is paved and level.
- Reception has a 1 metre wide glass sliding door with a 'D' handle. It is heavy to open and slow to close.
- The approach space to the door handle is from the outside is limited (14cm). It is sufficient inside.
- The sliding door runner has a 4cm lip on both sides of it.
Click image to view larger
- Reception area has a tiled floor with a carpet mat.
- The reception counter is at standing height.
- Brochures are displayed from sitting to standing height.
- Staff can assist to carry bags etc if required.
Click image to view larger
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Large sign visable from the main road.
- Signage is clear and has a good colour contrast,
Path through attraction
- Several paved paths link venue accomodation to facilities. There are also level bitument roadways.
- A path links to the playground area and bbqs. The area is grassy, level and shaded.
- There is a brick retaining wall around play equipment area. The play equipment is standard and has sand under it.
- Two free gas bbq's are available at the playground area.
- A bitumen road links the unit to the path via a kerb with a gradient steeper than 1:8. The paved path is 1.2 metres wide. There is a short grassed section you need to go over to use the bbq facilities.
- The area has a 76cm high table with 40cm high bench seating. It also has a park bench.
Accommodation Room / Unit
Accessible Self Contained Unit
- This self contained unit sleeps five.
- Two bedrooms have queen size beds that can be separated into twin beds.
- There is also a single bedroom.
- There are two bathrooms. One is an ensuite which is not accessible and the other is a shared bathroom which is accessible
- Washer and dryer are behind two wooden bi-fold doors with knob handles. Washing machine and trough height is 88cm and the dryer is placed higher.
- The unit is spacious with space for wheelchair users to access the kitchen, dining, lounge and courtyard areas.
- Tea and coffee facilities are reachable for wheelchair users.
- Bench tops are at standing height.
- Circulation space in the kitchen is 1 metre wide.
- Dining table is large with knee clearance of 64cm. There is 78cm between the dining table legs.
- Lounge area is spacious. Lounge seating is 43 cm high. It has soft backrests with firm armrests.
- There is a paved coutyard with an outdoor setting. The courtyard is off the lounge through an 80cm wide glass sliding door. Door has a 'D' handle and a 5cm step.
- The unit has a 82cms wide swing door and is slow to close.
- The door has key entry and a lever handle.
- The handle side of the door has 98cm approach space outside and 87 inside.
The bed is made up of two singles on castors that join as a queen bed. The bed is firm and 57cm high. There is 10cm space under the bed.
Clear space under bed
Combined bathroom toilet
- A swing door that is light to open and slow to close
- The width is 84cm with a knob handle and a small lock
- Level access with wall mounted fold down shower seat
- Shower level access: Yes
- Coat hook: Coat hooks at standing height
- The toilet is combined with the bathroom
- Door: Manual
- Pan height: 46cm
- Basin: Basin is 78cm high with knee clearance